Thursday, September 29, 2011

My favorite Chair

Let me preface this post by saying this: my mom has a great sense of humor, she will in no way be offended by anything written below, and she knows I love her :)  This will make her day... promise!

My favorite chair carries the name Ellen.



This is my favorite chair because it holds a lot of memories for me.  This is the only chair that was in my family growing up.  It used to be a part of a massive dining room set that held lots of people for lots of different occasions.  I remember lots of Thanksgivings, Birthdays, Christmas's(I can never remember where the apostrophe goes in situations like this... and my last name ends in an s :) , and  Easter's gathered around in these chairs.  But this was the only one left and was in pretty bad shape.  The seat had fallen out  , and I can't remember if someone was in it when it happened or not!

Why did I choose to name it Ellen?  Well that's my mom's name.  Her real name.  For one, all of the memories around that table involved my mom.  At birthdays, she brought in the birthday cake. At Thanksgiving, she brought in the Turkey (and FYI, most of the time my birthday cake and the turkey came in at the same gathering cause I'm a Turkey Baby!)   At Christmas, she brought in the ham.  They are special memories, so why wouldn't I name a chair after her?!

Now to the more obvious reasons.  This chair is an antique, as is my mom.


This chair is beautiful, as is my mom.



This chair has hip replacements, just like my mom.



This chair has an old bike on it, probably like my mom used to ride... lol, just kidding... she isn't that antique!  


This chair carries the number 119605 which are my kiddos birthdays.  I know they mean the world to her.

And last but not least, it was once part of a very uniform, complete antique set that was beautiful from the outside.  That set has now been pieced out across the family, split apart.  But this chair is now becoming a part of something more beautiful and pieced together from sets all over.  This is a lot like our family.  We have broken apart and spread out, but we have added in so many more to our family over the years.  It may be a little more eclectic, but it is equally as beautiful. 


But the dining room set you will have to wait to see :)

If you missed the first 3 chairs of this set
Sister Chairs
A Chair Named Lucy

Linking Up To:
Perfectly Imperfect
Home Sweet Butterfly

Check out the completed dining room set here!

4 comments:

  1. Love the chair and the fabric is great! I am having a link party, stop by homesweetbutterfly.com

    Have a great day.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful chair, TFS your lovely memories. It's quite obvious that your mum is a very special lady. Hopping from Katherine's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much!!!! Thank you for linking up at the Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story to go with your great transformation! I am hopping fro Katherine's Corner. I am now following you and I hope you will follow back. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments- they really make my day :o) Please let me know you are here because I would love to come back and visit you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...