Friday, October 28, 2011

No Sew Shower Curtain

Have you heard of Chrissy over at Boerman Ramblings?  If you haven't, you should check her out.  I totally stole her idea was so inspired by her No sew Ruffle Flower Embelishment that I decided to put it on my shower curtain.  Yeah, Hubby the Great isn't too fond of the frilly shower curtain, but I'm lovin' it :o)

I have never owned a ruffler foot for my sewing machine.  I have always wanted one, but never found a project that justified buying one.  This was no exception.  I wanted some frills, but not enough to spend $30 on them.  When I came across Chrissy's site, I knew I had struck gold.  Endless possibilities folks, endless possibilities. 

I searched and searched for a gold and gray shower curtain... Nothing reasonable popped up, so I settled for a solid white one.  (Got it at Home Depot for dirt cheap)  It worked for a little while, but I wanted to make it a little interesting.

Hence...



I started by cutting my fabric into 2 inch strips.  I wanted the edges to be a little raggy so I didn't sew the sides at all (besides, it's a no sew shower curtain right?)


I went with fabric glue because hot glue is a pretty high risk factor for me :o)  This stuff works wonderful!


I measured a line across the shower curtain and then traced a bowl where I wanted my flower.

I laid a small line (a few inches) of glue down and then scrunched up the fabric to create a ruffle.  I held it until it set (maybe 30 seconds) and then repeated the process.


It created a nice little ruffle that is surprisingly strong.


When I got to the circle, I did the same thing around the it.  When I got all the way around, I just rotated in a little bit and went around again.  Chrissy can tell you way better than me... go here.


Imagine the possibilities :o)





2 things I notice in this picture...
1. I should have ironed the shower curtain
2. I'm almost out of toilet paper

The best part about this project... FREE and EASY!  I did this project in about 45 minutes with a sick child laying on my knee.  Just a keep-my-hands-busy project :o)

That's my favorite kind!

Happy Friday!

-Katie

Linking up Here:

Monday




40 comments:

  1. It looks really nice! You might have some people wanting yellow tile in their bathrooms now. lol

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic way to dress up a plain Jane shower curtain. I'm a HUGE Fabri-tac fan, but never thought of ruffling with it. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I just want to thank you for following my blog. Always great to make new friends, so I am now following you!

    That shower curtain turned out really cute. I do have a ruffler attachment that I've had for over 20 years. I purchased mine because I owned and operated a sewing workroom & that was the era of ruffles, double ruffles & triple ruffles. No, I am not kidding! I'm glad those days are behind me....lol!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! And no sew? I love it!

    Bekah
    If Work Permits

    p.s. loving your blog- following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea. I have ruffled fabric without a ruffle foot. Wish I had one too. I wonder if the glue will hold even with shower steam. Our bathroom does not have a vent fan and it gets steamy. Not sure if it would all start to fall down.

    Your curtain looks wonderful and it's not too many ruffles. Although can a girl have too many ruffles?

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie,
    That is just too cute! I could never do that flower though! Ha!
    Hope your baby is doing better.

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie,
    My name is Audrey at eleganteconomies.blogspot.com. New follower...love your shower curtain.
    Blessings, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! So simple, but the ruffles and color combo make it absolutely beautiful. Makes me want to run to Home Depot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! And no sew is my language! Great color choices too...very trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a simple fix to a plain shower curtain and it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I love this! I am NO seamstress.. so this would be perfect for me. Love the tutorial..Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party..can't wait to see what you share next!
    I am your newest follower ..and I hope you stop by and enter my current 500 follower giveaway @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/10/cherished-bliss-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to 'ruffle'!! and the curtain looks great with the embellishement!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katie, I'm delighted to have you join me but the reason I've joined you is, I've read your whole blog. I love it all! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shower curtain! I also am really impressed that you didn't spend any money..... wow! Way to work with that yellow tile...
    Also, thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great idea! I love it and the results are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks great --- the ruffle is just the right touch. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This shower curtain is adorable! I'd love it if you linked it up to my #7 Link Party going on at Project Queen! I'm a new follower.
    www.projectqueen.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this! Great way to dress up a plain white curtain! Thanks for linking with Sugar & Spice. I featured you on my Facebook page today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great touch! im loving this idea!

    Julianne
    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks so much for linking back to me! and I love the curtain I am jealous and I am so glad you "stole" my idea you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love what a huge impact this simple change makes! It's so cute!! I featured you today!!

    http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/11/five-feature-friday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea and two comments about the tp and ironing were great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's beautiful! Great tips! :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Katie, this shower curtain turned out so cute! I love the whole no sew thing & I really love the flower... hmmm... something in this house is about to get one of those! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Featuring YOU today over on my blog! :) You were one of my favorites at last week's {wow me} wednesday party. :) Thank YOU for sharing!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2011/11/take-look-at-you-my-favorites_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. How's it holdin' up? I'm always afraid to do no-sew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments- they really make my day :o) Please let me know you are here because I would love to come back and visit you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...