I have been blogging for a month now, so I can officially say that I had NO idea what it took to be a blogger :o) I also had NO idea how much I would enjoy doing it or I would have started a lot sooner!!
Here we go, the Top 5 things I learned in the first month of blogging....
5. It's funny how quickly I forgot what I posted here. Hubby the Great, Boog, and Bear are why I do what I do. I jumped quickly on the I-wanna-do-what-makes-me-and-other-bloggers-happy train (yeah, that's a train) and forgot what it was all about. Fortunately, I hopped off that train and went back to doing what my family loves, even if you hate it :o) But I still love you!
4. Blogging isn't about quantity, it's about quality. When I started I had 30 different posts planned out and about half of them written. Ha, I think I used about 7 of them. I met my goal of posting 5 days a week for the first month (yay!), but things may slow down a little. I want to show you something that I am doing, not do something so that I can show you.
3. Sometimes things need to simmer. This may relate a lot to the quantity vs. quality thing. I was in such a hurry to do things that sometimes I just did what worked and didn't take time to think about what would work best. I'm not saying that spontaneous is always bad. One of the most spontaneous projects that I did in the last month was my pallet art, which I am totally in love with! I just think some of the best ideas can come after you look at an empty wall for a few days.
2. Photography is a major deal. I kinda knew this part, but I didn't know the effect it would have on a blog to show stinky pictures of a project. A project looks all that much better if you can show a good picture of it! Hence a new lens is being purchase very soon :o)
1. It's not about the numbers. I can say this to myself over and over, but I get stuck on it almost every day. There are good days and there are bad. There are days in a row when no one follows and then 3 followers in one day. I can quadruple my average page views for 3 days in a row and then fall behind a few days. It is what it is. That isn't why I'm doing it. They are numbers. But the people that are reading and being inspired aren't numbers, they are why I am doing it. If 1 person is enjoying this blog, then I am doing it for you :o)
That being said, I will move into my second month of blogging. Fall is in the air and I can't wait to show you the projects that I'm working on!
Thanks to those of you who are reading, I appreciate you more than you know :o)