Friday, October 14, 2011

Breakin' Up is Hard to Do


My dearest Venetian Gray,

I love you, really, I do.  You are so beautiful and fresh.  You go well with every color I put next to you.  There is no other color like you.  I could look at you for hours on end.  But I have some things that we need to discuss.  I just can't go on with this relationship.

First things first, I'm not sure how to spell your name.  Why must you be so confusing?  From now on, I will only spell your name with an A.  I hope that is okay.

Back when we were happy.  You were only on the dining room walls, before I put you in the bathroom.
I found you on the oops shelf at a local hardware store and I couldn't keep my eyes off of you.  I don't think you are an oops, not to me.  I brought you home and put you in my dining room.  You looked so beautiful.  What happened?  I brought you upstairs to put you into my bathroom and you changed.  You were no longer my beautiful gray. Why must you change to lilac purple when you are with my yellow tile?  Why can't you just be yourself?!


I tried to replace you with a new gray.  I know, I'm sorry.  I found a beautiful cloudy sky gray and put it up next to you.  This was a terrible mistake.  Now the bathroom is cold, freezing.  So I broke it off quickly.  But now, I have moved on from both of you. After 3 months of my bathroom looking like this, I am ready to commit.



It's not you, it's me.  I found a new gray who completes me better.  His name is Anonymous, Yes, Anonymous and he is made by Behr.  He doesn't change when he gets in different light and he is such a rich color that makes my bathroom look so much more glamorous than it truly is.


I am keeping you around in my dining room, but please don't think that I am leading you on.  That is just the only light you and me work in.

While I would have loved to put you in every room of my house, I just can't. I hope you understand.

Love,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Great post. It's so easy to get frustrated with picking out paint colors, huh? Put a smile on my face at the end of a tough week, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments- they really make my day :o) Please let me know you are here because I would love to come back and visit you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...