Thursday, October 27, 2011

Simple Fabric Art

Empty frames?  Sure, everybody's got them laying around.  I'm not sure how they lose their insides, it just happens.  Perhaps everyone has a little procrastinator in them and never gets around to changing out those pictures.  

I have been working on completing my bathroom.  It has been an adventure.  This bathroom was the main reason we DIDN'T want to buy this house.  What am I supposed to do with yellow tile?  I'm slowly figuring it out :o)

I wanted some artwork that would help pull out the yellow and dark gray accent colors I had goin' on,  so I found some fabric scraps that I had and some empty frames and figured, why not?


I LOVE the way they turned out.  These are seriously simple to make.  Could not be ANY easier!

I started by spray painting my frames.  (There is no picture because I did it the day before the fever started. They sat in my yard for 3 days before I remembered they were out there :o)

Cut a piece of fabric about the same size as the inside of your frame.


Find a good surface that you can attach your fabric to, this one had a little lip in the inside that was perfect for this project.



 Find the center of one side of your fabric and staple it to the center of one side of the frame.  I used a staple gun (this one was $1 at a yard sale) to attach it, but I'm sure hot glue would work just as well!


Staple the center of the other side.


Attach the top and bottom the same way.


Staple along each of the sides pulling tight as you go.


Then staple along the top and the bottom, again, don't forget to pull tight!


Didn't they turn out cute?  It's a fun little way to pull out some accent colors in a room.  Now the yellow tile isn't as out of place.


As far as Boog is concerned, things are slowly improving.  This is the first morning in over a week that she woke up without a 103 degree fever! Things always get a little worse in the afternoons and evenings, perhaps one day she won't ask to sleep at the table while we eat dinner :o)


Thanks for those of you who are praying for us.  If you have left me a comment or emailed me, I'm sorry if I haven't responded.  I love that you are reading and showing the love, I just haven't sat down :o)

-Katie

Partying Here:


2 comments:

  1. Love it! REALLY, REALLY lovd the shower curtain. Now I'm thinking it's time to make the same exact ruffly thing on that plain white towel as you made on the shower curtain. And then I'm thinking dye or buy the rug brown (wasn't part of the ruffly thing brown?) to give more color in there. Hmmm... Paint the outside of the door brown as well. Add 1 round thing--sunburst mirow or pic, to go along with the 2 rectangle pics you made. OR, get a round or curvy shaped frame at goodwill, paint it yellow, add some of that fabric just like you did but then pretend it's a MAT and put a pic of your blue eyed babies on top of that! Send a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I can spell: loved, mirror I feel better. The frame to the right that says I just want to make pretty... would be so cool with a bit of that fabric you used and a pic of your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments- they really make my day :o) Please let me know you are here because I would love to come back and visit you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...