Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How Much is that Fabric in the Window?



I mentioned in a previous post that I REALLY heart FREE stuff!! You can't beat it! So when I scored a free window off Craigslist a few weeks ago, I knew what I wanted to do.

There is special fabric that I have been saving for a little while now because I wasn't sure what to do with it. It was one of those that came in a big, beautiful bolt that I could never afford but always wanted. One day it was on sale so I bought a 1/2 yard of it only to get it home and realize that there isn't a whole lot you can do with a 1/2 yard of a really big off-centered print. But I LOVED it so I saved it.




Isn't she pretty?! And PERFECT for Boog's purple room. I decided it was time to cut her up and put her where I could look at her through a beautiful window rather than keeping her perfectly folded in the guest bedroom. I laid the fabric on the back of the window and used the wood as guidelines to cut (so the print would be fairly lined up.) Pulled out my little can of spray glue and sprayed it in. Turned it over and.... wait for it....




PERFECTION


I knew I saved that little piece of fabric for something   :-) For such a big, fun statement piece, this was really cheap. I kinda wish I would have scored 10 free windows... just think of the possibilities ;-)


And next time you go to the fabric store on a small miniscule microscopic budget, don't be afraid to at least look at those "to die for" fabrics... a little bit can go a long way sometimes!


On a sidenote: 
I FINALLY collected 6 chairs!  This project is going to be a lot of fun :-)  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments- they really make my day :o) Please let me know you are here because I would love to come back and visit you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...